Desert Tours from Marrakech
Marrakech desert tours are the best way to travel from Marrakech to the Sahara desert of Merzouga and Erg-Chebbi to Experience the nomadic lifestyle by riding camels and camping in the desert.
Many people travel from across the globe to visit Morocco, ride exotic camels, and spend the night in our world famous desert camps under the stars. If you choose to start your adventure across Morocco from Marrakech you can enjoy a 3, 4 and even 5 day tour to the Sahara desert through the vast and beautiful scenery and the Berber villages of the Atlas mountains. Or if you have don't have enough time in Marrakech you can take our overnight camel trek in Zagora ( 2 days & 1-night desert tour to Zagora ).
Our Marrakech desert trips to Merzouga, Erg-Chebbi and Zagora
If you have enough time to do a 4 or 5 days tour from Marrakech you will have the opportunity to enjoy off-road through the black desert where they live the nomads and visit a Berber nomadic family. You¡¦ll see tons of beautiful landscapes of this large country along the way from Merzouga to Marrakech.
Marrakech desert journeys highlights:
- Drive a cross the high Atlas Mountains and Tizi n tichka pass.
- Visit Ksar or Kasbah Ait ben Haddou UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Atlas studio & Kasbah Taourirte in Ouarzazate Hollywood of Morocco.
- Stop at Rose valley for pictures
- Overnight stay at Dades Valley
- Free time for walk in Todra Gorges
- Visit the Sahara desert of Merzouga, Erg-Chebbi or Zagora
- Camel Riding in the dunes during sunset
- Sleep in the desert camp under the stars
- Berber drums music around the campfire
- Sandboarding in the dunes
- Off-road & Visit nomadic family ( 4 Days option )
- Draa valley and Agdez
- Ziz valley and middle Atlas Mountains ( Marrakech to Fes option )
- Visit Ifrane and Cedar forest of Azrou ( Marrakech to Fes tour option )
Frequently Asked Questions:
Marrakech is roughly 561 km from Merzouga desert, via the valley of Dades (N9 and N12) and 552 km through the valley of the Draa (via N9 and N10). The sand dunes are located near the Merzouga village, this location is well known as Erg Chebbi
By booking one of our Marrakech desert tours or by bus other way to get from Marrakech to the Sahara. There are several daily departures out to Zagora, but just one straight-shot bus from Marrakech all the way to Merzouga, which takes 12.5 hours and arrives in the evening.
SAHARA IS VERY SAFE FOR TRAVELLERS, I never faced any serious danger since then. Also, many people confuse Sahara Desert with Western Sahara. They are very different actually. We usually recommend our travelers to go at erg Chebbi dunes, near Merzouga.
It's not possible because of the long way between Marrakech and Merzouga desert. there some tour companies that they arrange that but be sure that you'll have a bad experience because you'll spend all the time in the car driving and you'll get to the desert at night and you'll miss the sunset.
Our Small group tours from Marrakech to Merzouga desert MAX 8 people and includes private accommodation.